If you’re looking for a quick pattern to add some accessories for your elves, some cute miniature holiday decorations, or even a festive pair of earrings these crocheted tiny elf hot cocoa mugs will be sure to win your heart!
Save to Ravelry
Tiny Elf Hot Cocoa Pattern
- Approx. 1 yd worsted weight yarn – I used *Red Heart Super Saver in Paddy Green.
- Tiny amount of brown yarn for the ‘cocoa’ – I used *Bernat Super Value in Chocolate.
- US size 2.75mm (C) crochet hook – I used *Furls Odyssey Hook for amigurumi.
- Scissors – I love these *ones!
- Yarn Needle – I use these *Clover needles .
- Stitch Markers – I use these *Clover stitch markers.
Gauge is not overly important for this pattern. You can make the mug larger by using a larger hook.
- US Terminology
- Pattern is worked in the continuous round.
- CH – Chain
- SC – Single Crochet
- SLST – Slip Stitch
- ST(S) – Stitch(es)
- MC – Magic Circle (AKA Magic Ring)
Note: When working in continuous rounds, do not slip stitch and Ch 1 to begin next round. Work continuously and use a stitch marker to mark the beginning of the round.
Mug Round 1: MC , 4 SC in MC, pull closed (4 SC). Round 2: 2 SC in each ST around (8 SC). Round 3: SC around (8 SC). Round 4: SC around (8 SC).
Handle Starting from last SC in round 4, SlST to next ST (first ST from round 4), Ch 5, tie off leaving a tail about 4″.
Use your yarn needle to attach the bottom of the handle to the bottom of the mug, sewing the tail inside of the mug to finish off.
Use a small amount of brown yarn to stuff inside the tiny mug opening to look like it is full of hot cocoa; or leave empty!
I hope you’ll love Tiny Elf Hot Cocoa! Thank you for stopping by and don’t forget to check out my other patterns here.
If you’d like to stay In The Loop with all things Through The Loop Yarn Craft join the Newsletter for a special gift and updates of pattern releases and special offers!
I so appreciate your love and support!
*Indicates an affiliate link. which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site!. Read my full disclosure here.